Wednesday, March 07, 2012

SCENTS worth your CENTS.

My enthrallment with fragrances starts as early as I was in Elementary years when my childhood crush always captivate me with his scent. From then on, I have been a "perfume lover", "fragrance enthusiast", whatever you want to call it. However, I am no expert in this. I just buy the ones that interests my olfaction.

I can say that I splurge on perfumes and I really believe every splurge is worth it. I am unbelievably frugal but when it comes to perfumes, I really can't resist... In a way, perfumes can give you a different feeling of freshness in daytime and sensuality in nighttime... Who says only good looks and vavavoom body can make heads turn? Because we must admit, we can't help but turn our heads to the one who smells like heaven.. (LOL) I know I'm exaggerating but perfumed men really turn me on...(wholesome turn-on)

My fragrance line starts from colognes to designer perfumes. I have my fair share of colognes and sprays from Victoria Secret and Bath and Body Works, any one of them I haven't bought....(LOL) It was always given by my very good aunts from US. VS and B&BW tends to be so sweet and fruity...that is when I realized that I don't like fragrances with fruity notes and vanilla scents.

As years passed by, I have accumulated quite few fragrances that I personally love... (disclaimer: this is not a review or anything to that effect...this is my personal opinion..I am no expert in perfumery or things like that...I only based my opinion on fragrance alone... and not on smell longevity since perfumes longevity varies depending on its chemistry with your body.) Who doesn't want the feeling of people turning heads on you because you smell great?

In no particular order, the following are my I-can't-resist-you perfumes for women:

1. COOL WATER FOR WOMEN (DAVIDOFF)
This is my "first love". I could describe its scent as light, fresh, clean, breezy, watery and oceanic... However, it's more appropriate as a daytime perfume or a perfume when you are walking by the sea...or strolling on a summer day...

2. DKNY (Donna Karan New York) Energizing for Women

I really am in love with clean and fresh scents and this is one of the scents that is a manifestation of that. When I am wearing this scent, I always feel like i just got out of the shower. However, it doesn't work that well with my body chemistry coz it doesn't last long but fragrance-wise, it's my absolute favorite!!! The notes include citrus, iced vodka, tomato leaves, water lily and green coral orchids to name a few. It's floral scent will surely give you compliments every now and then.

3.) Incanto Shine (Salvatore Ferragamo)
I can describe this as mystical and sensual. A combination of fruity and floral notes that creates a sexy feel when you're wearing it...more like making you feel like you're in beach wearing your favorite summer dress. Just like DKNY, this is a not-so-popular perfume which makes the people who can smell it actually asking you what perfume are you wearing? It's very noticeable that everytime someone passed by wearing this on...i already knew...but don't fret coz it is not overpowering at all.

There are also some perfumes that is getting great reviews and feedback which I haven't got the chance to try by myself like the all-time favorite, Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana and Happy by Clinique. The latter is my sister's favorite by the way.













If there is one tip I could give to a man regarding dating...I say: Wear perfume and if it's not too much, I'll give them my favorite masculine scents that will surely make a girl ignore how you look like (i know i'm exaggerating again..) but truly, perfume, generally, can really turn a women on even if you are not necessarily good looking for their standards. It's a must-have for all men and I mean, if you miss to wear some, you should definitely go back to wear it on, it's that important!!!! It's a part of your personality and should not be worn just for the sake of vanity! So here it goes, my favorite masculine scents. (again, this is my personal opinion...)


1.) COOL WATER FOR MEN (Davidoff)
Ohhh...just imagining the scent of this drives me crazy...this scent, whenever I smell it, is like luring you to come near the person wearing it. It's the masculine counterpart of my first love and has almost the same marine notes. It's a guaranteed +100,000 pts. for me for a guy who wears it!!!!


2.) Acqua Di Gio (Giorgio Armani)
This is the scent of masculinity!!! (well, atleast for me...) I definitely adore all men I know who wears this perfume...as in ALL..It's a perfect blend of musk and marine notes! For me, if the mythical "ADONIS", who is an epitome of a super good-looking man, is true and existing today, this must have been his scent! 


3.) Aqva Pour Homme (Bulgari)
This is the scent of the love of my life. Whenever my bf wears this, I am like..."come near me...hug me...hug me until the scent lasts" lol. I am so addicted to aquatic-style scents and this one is no exception. It reveals my inner lioness! I am not that sweet but smelling this on my bf makes me overly touchy. hehehehehe...joke!


Again, there are other masculine scents that captivate my sense of smell...like Essential by Lacoste and Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche. The former is the scent of my dad and the latter is the scent of my uncle. I can say Lacoste has that elegant feel deceiving you that the one who wears it is a very successful man and Drakkar is a very powerful perfume. Both of which is long-lasting and the longer you wear it, the more fragrant it gets.



There are so many great scents in the market today so be sure to avail of even just one just for special occasions. You need not wear it everyday if you're really not the type who will splurge on perfumes but believe me, it's worth every cent!



No comments:

Post a Comment