Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chic-Boy. So-so.

Since I first saw Chic-boy in West Ave., I have always wanted to try it. Months have passed and I haven't even tried it yet and last week, finally, after going to the spa, i've experienced it with my sister and my mom.



On the outside, it looks like the food will range from 150-250 per person. but upon entering, the ambience can be compared to that of Mang Inasal and I was quite surprised that the prices are cheap. We ordered cebu lechon meal and the inihaw na liempo meal. Each meal is only 99 pesos!!! That's a treat! Mind you, the meal is with an unlimited serving of soup and rice. IN addition to that, if you want unlimited iced tea, you would only add 25 pesos. Thus, all in all, for the 3 of us, we only paid 373 pesos!!! I was happy about that!

However, while I was satisfied with the affordability of the meals, I was disappointed with the meal itself. I am not that good in cooking but it seems to me that my grilled liempo is better than their inihaw na liempo. The liempo was underseasoned and not that juicy as I desired liempos to be. Also, i've already tasted the original cebu lechon directly from Cebu and this is really different but not as underseasoned as the liempo. On the other hand, the soup is good.



And there's something more that made up for it.

There is one waiter there named "Aries" which is outstanding in customer service. You need not tell him to refill whatever. He will approach you before you even call him and the best of it, he did everything with a smile. We can't help but notice him because he stands out from the rest and we want to help him in our own ways so we ask to manager if we can make a commendation for Aries. Indeed, when you are giving good service, you will be rewarded because the supervisor told us that Aries is the "Employee for the month" and we hope that he will stay as is for as long as he is wearing that smile on his face ready to serve the customers and we also hope that all the waiters will take Aries as their model.

Over-all, from 1 to 10, 10 as the highest, i'll give Chic-Boy in West Ave. a grade of  7 and here is the breakdown:
Ambience                7
Affordability            8
Taste                       4
Customer Service    9

DISCLAIMER: I believe that Chic-Boy is into franchising so I would like to make it clear that this review is based on my experience in the West Ave. branch I don't know about the other branches. That only shows that sometimes, franchise agreements can be really risky because every franchisee holds the name of the company so the franchisor of Chic-boy shall really look into this.

If I will go back, maybe I'll try some other branches when I'm out of budget! CIAO!


No comments:

Post a Comment