Thursday, July 04, 2013

Leopard printed vest: the experiment

Hello again! I hope you are having a great week as I am. Actually, I’ve been super busy with all the things I’ve been juggling with my little time. Just so you know, I am a CPA by profession, I have a full-time work, I have my small food business and a vintage online shop plus I have been educating myself on how to use my newly bought sewing machine. (I will blog a separate post about that) Conversely, I think being hectic is better than not having something that can make you busy, right? Nonetheless, I am planning to keep this blog going after I have revived it last week so here I am again!!!

Anyway, after I ransacked my closet in search for an all-white outfit for the Pinaycurvies swag blog link up challenge (see my previous post), I have found few precious pieces of clothing which I have kept in the bottom of my treasure chest for so long. As a backgrounder, the treasure chest is where I keep the things I wear less or have never been worn ever and those I wear often are hanged in a closet.

One of which is a leopard printed vest that was gifted to me by my ever-loving aunt from US. Quite frankly, I am not a fan of vests so I am giving myself a challenge of styling these cute-sy vest and let’s see if I will eventually be a fan of it.

I have made 4 looks out of it as follows:

PARTY GLAM – To have this look, I used a body hugging black dress which I bought from a thrift store. (I know you are guessing how cheap this ensemble is. Well, I love cheap ensembles because it just proves that it need not be expensive to be stylish and fashionable. Amen to that!) Actually, the dress I used here is not my size, thus, tight and the type that I will not be using alone and this vest works well on making the dress look less fitted. I think the only thing that is kinda expensive (not super) is the black wedge I got from a factory outlet in Clark, Pampanga.

SMART CASUAL – This is my OOTD for today. I match the vest with a collared blouse, leggings and flats. Out of all the looks, this is the most comfortable and  I can say that the vest gives this look a twist.

CORPORATE CHIC – Who says this vest is just an outerwear and can’t be worn otherwise? Hell no! Out of experimentation, I tried to use it as an innerwear of a corporate blazer paired it with a ruffled skirt (from Full Circle SM Ladies Fashion)  and voila! I want this outfit but unfortunately, I can’t wear this for work because we have an office uniform from Monday-Thursday and wearing this in a wash-day Friday where almost all the employees is in an informal wear, this spells over-dressing!!!

DRESSY CASUAL – This is a last-minute laid-back type of outfit. I just use a cute pink tube dress (from a thrift store again… pardon my frugality) and topped it with this vest. 5 minutes and then done! Perhaps, I will use this for a lunch-out with my friends one of these days.

VERDICT: I love it!!! This took a lot of my time but it is worth it! I didn’t know, not until now, that vests can be versatile. It can complement any kinds of clothing, may it be a collared blouse, long sleeves, dress, leggings or even blazers (can you believe that?). I may not love it inasmuch as I love leggings or maxi dresses but I am certain I will be wearing it more often than before. This vest had definitely earned the right to be hanged in my closet. :-) 


3 comments:

  1. Naku, no need to apologize for being frugal. I love how creative you are in putting stuff together! By providing options on how to wear an item, you definitely know how to make a comeback in the blogosphere! Ahlaveet!

    And I agree the idle times are far from ideal. Let's enjoy being busy. It's fun that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed you via GFC. :) I like your "dressy casual" look the most because of the pink tube dress. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time commenting on "Plumpy's Indulgences." Thank you for commenting in my own blog.

    Your vest here goes very nicely with your outfits. You look cute and stylish in your outfits here with the leopard print vest. Cool outfits! :)

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete